Web Design Services for Small Businesses and Solo Professionals
If you are in private practice, run a small business, or are a solo professional, you recognize that having a website is now an important part of doing business. Depending on the nature of your business, an online presence may even be essential to your success.
I offer the following web design and website management services tailored to small business needs:
Professionally-designed websites produce a hassle-free experience for you and the visitors to your site. I will expertly create a customized look just for you implementing these and other web design elements:
- High quality, attractive page layout
- Easy site navigation
- HTML and CSS coding of web pages that meets today's standards
- Graphic design, conversion and optimization of images
- Scanning of images and documents provided by you
- Complex tables
- Online forms
- Adding social media links and videos
- Creating password protected sections on your site
I can also assist you with domain name registration, signing up for web hosting, setting up email addresses on your web server, and other web-related tasks.
There comes a time when a site may need to add or upgrade features, remove outdated content, or expand it's horizons because your business is changing. The design itself may need a face lift to reflect your business's current image.
When contemplating a redesign, reassess the goals of your website to make sure that a complete redesign is truly necessary or whether improving specific elements of your site might be all you need.
If the cost of a complete design is not in your budget, consider making incremental improvements over time. Tackle the most important issues first. Since a website is never truly finished, you can upgrade your site at any pace you choose.
Fresh content keeps your site "alive". If your company doesn't have in-house expertise to support and update your website, then let me help keep your site's content and features current.
I work only as needed. There are no monthly contracts or minimum fees. I charge $50.00 per hour. My time is logged in 15-minute increments. At the end of a month, I total up the time worked and send out an invoice.
Web Consulting Services to Increase Your Online Success
Websites today are often the hub of a company's online presence. Your "web" extends beyond the pages of your website. I offer assistance and consulting services for a variety of tasks that will enhance your web presence. Here are some areas where I can help:
- Newsletters and Mailing Lists
- Set up accounts with email broadcast services like MailChimp or Constant Contact.
- Customize newsletter templates to have a look that is similar to your website.
- If creating and broadcasting each issue is more than you want to do, you can send me the content for each newsletter and I'll format, test and publish your newsletters for you.
- Create newsletter archives. Having past issues of your newsletter available provides a convenience to your newsletter subscribers. Potential clients will learn of your expertise by browsing through your archives. Archives are a way of adding fresh content to your site which can help with your search engine rankings.
Sending out automated messages or a series of workshop materials are only a couple of ways to use autoresponders. I can help set them up and schedule their broadcast frequency.
Help with installing a WordPress blog, customizing the default theme to complement your website's appearance, installing plugins, and backing up your blog.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Keyword research to get your website content optimized for higher rankings in the search engines.
- Basic SEO strategies necessary for getting found online.
- Set up Google's free Analytics and Webmaster Tools accounts for your website so you will have access to valuable reports about how people are finding and using your site.